Monday, February 28, 2011

Duncan goes to the Vet

Duncan and I went to the Vet this afternoon (a new one since our old one... well, sort of left the practice) to get a rabies shot and to have his foot looked at - he has been licking it all weekend! We noticed it was a little red, hairless, and raised; we thought it was just a hot spot. But, it wasn't a hot spot....
Sweet Dunky
He actually has a little histiocytosis (I think, don't quote me), but it's just a little benign bump on his foot. He got a a steroid shot to break the mass up and got his whole foot wrapped. I'm actually impressed the bandaged is still on; I thought for sure he would have shredded it by now.

Just resting. The actual bump is NOT that big.
He is walking and acting just fine. I have a syringe full of a topical cream that tastes bad that will start tomorrow... he is in for a real treat! 

-J&K

p.s. - Duncan recently got a taste of what it's like to stay up all night... we woke up Friday morning to find out we never closed his crate door! We have no idea what shenanigans he pulled.... Needless to say, he isn't to be left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment