Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sweet Treats

I have been in a baking mood! I'd like the blame the blizzard last month for kicking off my baking spree, but that was over one month ago - this is just my sweet tooth.

One of my new favorite blogs is Bakerella (which I just visited; she is in the hospital - sending prayers for healing Bakerella!). She is wonderful and has increased my desire to bake and create! She provides step by step instructions, great pictures, and the perfect amount of joy!

My first adventure was her (and Martha Stewart's) Chocolate Crackle Cookies!
Delicious!

Next up, brownies! Again, Bakerella inspired me to try brownies in the mini cupcake pan. I think it's my new favorite thing! They become instant bite sized delights! For my first round, half plain brownies, the other half Reese's peanut butter cup brownies!
Again, delicious!
To continue using my new favorite baking pan (which I was graciously given as a wedding present), brownies with cream cheese icing!

Oh, and I sprinkled some cocoa on top.

Delicious!

I should say these baking adventures were spaced out over the past three weeks.
With each sweet treat, Jack and I usually try one or two (sometimes six or seven) and then we take the rest to work - share the sweet treats! I have gotten some truly great compliments from Jack's co-workers.

Good luck with your next baking adventure!
-Jack and Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment