Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break - for Grown Ups

It's our 100th blog post and I can't imagine a better post to celebrate! Last week was "spring break" (which doesn't have the same meaning in the real world) and my birthday week (which does have the same meaning in the real world)! Here are some pictures from Birthday Week!

I made Green Velvet Cupcakes for St Patricks Day!

Yummy!

Never have I ever had a green cupcake!

Delicious Green Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing!
 On Wednesday, our Small Group theme was Green Food!

Green Angel Food Cake

Green Apples, Broccoli, Shepherd's Pie, Pesto Pasta
And a cookie cake to top of the night!

On Thursday, Jack woke up early and made Green French Toast! He calls it "Swamp Toast".
Definitely odd; Definitely delicious! 
Duncan celebrated by ripping up his bed to find the green stuffing.
No need to fear, I stitched that baby back up.
He didn't want to get pinched on St Patrick's Day!
We took the afternoon off work to celebrate my birthday in Norman. First Stop - O'Connell's!
Green Beer is a must.

My third year to celebrate with a green beer. I missed last year.

And what do you know - they had a shot called "Mexican Leprechaun". Perfect description of myself.
 Second Stop - The Mont! It was the warmest birthday I can remember, so we enjoyed sitting on the patio!
Home of the Original Sooner Swirl. Yummmmm.
We spent some time walking around the duck pond, trying to identify all the birds and ducks. We both hadn't been to the duck pond since about 5th grade.

We met my parents and Jack's parents at Victoria's Pasta Shop for dinner. We love this restaurant! It was great to see our parents and spend time with them.

On our way back home, we stopped at the lighthouse on Lake Hefner.
So Festive for St. Patrick's Day!

It was really windy.

I wish those people weren't sitting there; they are blocking the sunset!
 Once we got home, we enjoyed some Birthday Cookie!
We have way too many sweets in our kitchen.
My co-worker and I ordered a joint birthday cake. Our birthdays are one week a part and we thought we should split an Amy's Cake birthday cake.... so we did.
It turned out super cute! We plan on cutting it in half, each getting our respective side.

Red Velvet.
 The week came to end with the Super Moon; it was a sight to see!
I hope you got a chance to see it in person. It looked awesome.

We wanted Duncan to see it, so we leashed him up. He doesn't even know what the moon is.


I think Birthday Week/Spring Break was the best! We had so much fun with our friends and family over this week. Happy Birthday to me!

Today marks the first day of spring, which I like to call allergy season. I hope you Spring Break and St Patrick's Day was fun. 

Love,
Jack and Kayla

P.S. Now that we are homeowners, we care about our yard. I asked for a weed puller for my birthday. Odd gift? Yes. It rules.

Check out the root on that baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment