Monday, April 26, 2010

Four Showers in Two Weeks

It's officially wedding season!! I have been to 4 showers (Two of those Jack went to) - what an exciting time for our friends and family!

Two weekends ago, was one of the Geurkink's dear family friends son's couples shower (whew, does that make since?!) Lane and Mike! What a fun time to catch up with friends and enjoy some delicious food!
The next day, Jordan and Trey had a couples shower. Jack and I had such a fun time getting to meet some of Trey's family and friends.



Such an adorable couple! I can't wait for you all to be married!


This past Saturday, myself and other co-bridesmaids hosted a bridal shower for our friend Laura. She is such a dear friend - she is going to make a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L bride! I wish I had some pictures to share, but I was too busy socializing with everyone!
Saturday continued with a mid afternoon rain shower, which I tried to nap during but it was cut short due to the sun coming back out! Jack had some guys over Saturday night to watch the Oklahoma City Thunder beat LA in game 4! What an exciting game - GO THUNDER!

Sunday flew by as Jack, my mom, and I travelled to Dallas for the day. We made stop at IKEA (which gives me heart burn just thinking of that superstore!) and got almost all of the parts to our entertainment/TV stand. We also stopped at SPRINKLES cupcakes.... delicious.  The main reason for our trip was to throw a shower! I (along with the help of others) put on a surprise bridal shower for my cousin! We had a great time - even though she knew!!
Meghan is 14 months younger than me, so we have basically grown up together. Grandma sometimes get us confused! We played the "bubble gum" game - which we have on video - she was a trooper and did great!
So cute! She did say the shower was better than she expected!

With four showers down, we still have invitations for three more showers! What a fun time during our lives!
Thanks for reading!

Love,
Jack and Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment