Monday, December 5, 2011

Decorating the house

Although it's our second technical Christmas in this house, I'm saying it's our first. If you recall, we closed on our house December 15, 2010, then a short 3 days later left for Colorado, then 5 days later returned for a few days prior to Christmas, then heading to Norman and Duncan (the city). Every minute in between was spent  packing and not decorating our first Christmas. So, we are making up for it this year. Big time.

My Spode, one of most favorite gifts. I didn't like receiving it as a 10 year old, but golly, I love it now.

Our new tree skirt.

Our first tree!!

Up close. We love this tree.

 New stockings and garland. Jack's Nutcrackers.

Here are the other Nutcrackers. Jack says he gets one every year, however I am only counting 18 - therefore there could be 6 nutcrackers on the run....

Our small Spode tree from my Grandma. This guy served as our tree last year.

Our Nativity. Joy to the world!
So the inside is totally ready, and our outside is too!


It's much better in person. We are hoping to add some red and green lights as our lights by the garage. Oh, and garland around the front door.

We are super excited. And maybe I have named a room in the house the North Pole. You know, a room to wrap, sing loud, and be all Elf like (oh, note to self: watch Elf!!!).

Plus, we are seeing Trans-Siberian Orchestra this weekend with my mom. It's our Christmas tradition and I love it. I may or may not be trying to memorize all their songs prior to Saturday. It's hard to recall them each year, since you only listen to them once a year.

We hope you are getting ready for Christmas (and I hope you are staying warm and stress-free!). 

Now, we just some snow...
-Jack and Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment