Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oh, hey there September

The month of August flew by to say the least, which goes against my theory that my last blog post was just a few days ago... wrong. We were busy every weekend in August, but we loved every weekend in August.

We went to Houston to see my Grandma, which also means seeing my aunt, uncle, two cousins, five dogs and a turtle. Two of our college friends, who moved to Houston to work after graduating,  met up with us for a movie. We miss our friends; it was so great seeing them. I'm sure I have a few pictures from the weekend, but my camera is in the other room.... and maybe I'm being a bit lazy... and maybe it's because I'm on Jack's Mac, which I don't know much about.

We went to Grand Lake and it was grand. We went up to meet two other couples from our small group. We had a great weekend cruising the lake and relaxing. I know I have pictures from this weekend, but again, the camera is still in the other room. I promise I will post some this weekend. We also stopped in Tulsa on our way back to see the Harpers. My nieces and nephew are hilarious. My nephew might be the funniest 2 year old I know. They rock my socks off.

The one good thing about September - Football season (and my ginormous work project is sort of finished). Jack has been listening to the Sports Animal, reading ESPN.com, and soonersports.com in preparation for the Sooners chase for 8. We enjoyed the seasoner opener last weekend in Norman. We spent time with Jack's sister and brother in law, Jack's parents and his gramps. We spent a good chunk of our time at the SigEp house. We had fun. It was super hot, even at kickoff, which was 7pm. I actually stole Jordan's water for myself because I was on the verge of passing out from dehydration. That part wasn't fun, but overall it was fun. We love football season. We love that our out of town friends come in for games. We miss them.

What's in store for this weekend you ask? Nothing.


I hope it stays that way.
-Jack and Kayla

p.s. I will post some pictures. I will post some pictures. I will post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment