Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Jack turned 24 this month and I had planned a surprise for him! Those that know me best know there's another Jack in both of our lives.

Jack Bauer.

I thought it would be only fitting since Jack turned 24 to make him the star of 24 the show. Those that know us really well knows the importance of 24 in the beginning of our relationship.

24 - Seasons 1-3

24 Season 4 - 6

24 Season 7 - 8


Jack woke up to seeing these work of arts and to some cinnamon rolls.

I had his birthday off, so I started a baking a cake for him. I was nervous the whole time since I wasn't sure it was going to turn out good. But it didn't turn out too horrible.
It looks like an oreo cake,but it's chocolate with chocolate buttercream filling.

With white buttercream all over.
Since I wasn't confident in this cake, I had a back up plan.
Oh, you delicious cookie cake.

Once Jack got off work, we headed to dinner! We definitely got our steak fix in; we were full!
Yup, that is Jack's 22 oz bone in ribeye.


My wonderful, filet. Perfectly cooked. Perfectly seasoned.

Hello, chocolate molten cake.

Happy Birthday Jack!

Make a wish!
He loved celebrating his birthday with his sister, brother in law, parents and grandparents. We had a great time!

The sunset was beautiful that night, even as storms were brewing.
Happy Birthday Jack! I can't wait to see what this year brings you! Duncan and I love you!
-J&K

No comments:

Post a Comment